Mariners fans who bring their DS systems to Safeco can access the following features:
• Player stats for the Mariners and the opposing team.
• Updates on other Major League Baseball games around the country.
• A stadium-wide chat network that allows fans to send and receive text messages.
• Trivia and other quickie “minigames” fans can play against each other.
• Live in-house video coverage of the game.
• Live radio coverage from KOMO.
• Pitch Effect, which should be introduced this weekend and will allow viewers to see the trajectory of each pitch and get information on the speed and placement of each ball thrown.
• Food and beverage service – the ability to order snacks delivered to your seat.